Rural Health Care Services provided by MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital
- Regular Free Health Checkups by Specialists are conducted by MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital for the benefit of rural poor in Hoskote Taluk and surrounding areas like, Malur, Chinthamani, Sidlaghatta, Srinivasapura.
- Approximately 350-400 patients have attended each camp previously.
- Free medicines are distributed to the patients and the specialist consultation is provided during the camp.
- Basic laboratory services are also provided during the camp.
- Patients who require admission and further management are shifted to our hospital in our own ambulance from the camp.
- In the last three years around 35 camps have been conducted and many surgical and medical treatments have been provided for the poor patients at highly economical cost.
- Camps conducted at Taluk Head quarters like, Malur, Siddlaghatta, Chintamani, Janamkote have been attended by more than 1000 patients each.
- Regular Health education campaigns are also conducted at schools and anganwadi centres in and around Hoskote Taluk to create awareness regarding importance of breast feeding and nutrition, mother and child care, prevention of diarrhoeal diseases, Dengue fever , Chikungunya fever, adverse effects of smoking and drug addiction.