The following Post Graduate Programs are offered at MVJ Medical College & Research Hospital.
Duration of the Course
MD/MS Degree Course : 3 Yrs
Diploma courses : 2 Yrs
Attendance, Progress and Conduct
- A candidate pursuing degree/diploma course should work in the concerned department of the institution for the full period as a full time student. No candidate is permitted to run a clinic/laboratory/nursing home while studying postgraduate course.
- Each year shall be taken as a unit for the purpose of calculating attendance.
- Every student shall attend symposia, seminars, conferences, journal review meetings, grand rounds, CPC, case presentation, clinic and lectures during each year as prescribed by the department and not absent himself/herself from work without valid reason.
- Every candidate is required to attend a minimum of 80% of the training during each academic year of the post graduate course. Privided further, leave of any kind shall not be counted as part of academic term without prejudice to minimum 80% attendance of training period every year.
- Any student who fails to complete the course in the manner stated above shall not be permitted to appear for the University Examination.
Schedule of Examination:
The examination for MD/MS courses shall be held at the end of three academic years (six academic terms). The examination for the diploma courses shall be held at the end of two academic years (four academic terms). The university shall conduct two examinations in a year at an interval of four to six months between the two examinations. Nor more than two examinations shall be conducted in an academic year.
Scheme of Examination:
MD/MS Degree examinations in any subject shall consist of dissertation, written paper (Theory), Practical/Clinical and Viva voce.
WRITTEN EXAMINATION (Theory): A written examination shall consist of four question papers, each of three hours duration. Each paper shall carry 100 marks.
PRACTICAL/CLINICAL EXAMINATION: In case of practical examination, it should be aimed at assessing competence and skills of techniques and procedures as well as testing students ability to make relevant and valid observations, interpretations and inference of laboratory or experimental work relating to his/her subject. The total marks for practical/ clinical examination shall 200.
Viva Voce: Viva Voce Examination shall aim at assessing depth of knowledge, logical reasoning, confidence and oral communication skills. The total marks are 100.
Criteria for declaring as pass in University Examination: 50% marks in each head of passing which shall include (1) Theory, (2) Practical including clinical and viva-voce examination.
Diploma examination in any subject shall consist of theory (written papers), Practical/Clinical and Viva-voce.
Theory: There shall be three written question papers each carrying 100 marks. Each paper will be of three hours duration.
Practical/ Clinical Examination: In case of practical examination is should be aimed at assessing competence, skills related to laboratory procedures as well as testing students ability to make relevant and valid observation, interpretation of laboratory or experimental work relevant to his/her subject.
In case of clinical examination, it should aim at examining clinical skills and competence of candidate for undertaking independent work as a specialist. Each candidate should examine at least one long case and two short cases.
The maximum marks for practical/clinical shall be 150.
Viva-Voce Examination: The total marks are 50.
Criteria for Pass: 50% marks in each head of passing which shall include (1) Theory, (2) Practical including clinical and viva-voce examination.
MD/MS Degree and Diploma Courses: A candidate affiliated to this institute and who has passed final year MBBS examination after pursing a study in a medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India, from a recognized Medical College affiliated to any other University recognized as equivalent thereto, and has completed one year compulsory rotating internship in a teaching Institution or other Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India, and has obtained permanent registration of any State Medical Council shall be eligible for admission.
Obtaining Eligibility Certificate by the University before Making Admission
No candidate shall be admitted for any postgraduate degree/diploma course unless the candidate has obtained and produced the eligibility certificate issued by the University. The candidate has to make an application to the University with the following documents along with the prescribed fee:
Candidates should obtain the Eligibility Certificate before the last date for admission as notified by the University.